Echoes of a silent citizen~

The anger of protest is no longer just confined to an exam at this point, it's about the raging fact that yes the government heard you, they saw you…


And is planning to throw you out of the picture.


I am always the silent one, even when I have millions of opinions, even when the matter belonged to me I stayed put, froze, or bolted. 

And there are people out there with millions of opinions too, but some of them are not sitting in silence, and yet there is no difference. 


I don't watch the news, I didn’t need to as it somehow always reached me through social media, very fresh present stuff happening.

“Stuff” sounds so disrespectful to justify all the sufferings happening around us, in India. 

My instagram is filled with people being taken away, sonam wangchuk taken away disrespectfully, people protesting being detained by the police but among all of this I also saw little girls and boys holding posters that define their future in this country, young men and women trying their best to keep this as humorous as possible, not because this generation is unserious but to show that no matter how many stones you throw, they still wouldn't be stained with blood.


“The big bad man and his big bad clan”

“Too busy helping themselves, they aren’t gonna change this” 

~ Only the young (Taylor swift)



Looking at all these from the comfort of my home made me think about something that I don't frequently give attention to, “The Indian constitution: foundation of democracy” I always used to feel sleepy on subjects related to politics, until it was not just the subject but the living reality. I read the basics of the constitution again, just so I wouldn't offend the “nation” with their defining constitution as “agreement between state and its people”.

 What people? What state? The democracy that the constitution promises?

What are these people protesting actually doing? They are not going against the constitution, they are practicing their constitutional rights, the people of the country are fighting alone, they have always been fighting alone whether it is a rape case, youth education protests, or paper leak protests, and many others to come.


Who knows tomorrow we will have to fight just to speak and not to be heard, the constitution that gives us a voice, will we still have freedom to use it? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I an Introvert or an Extrovert? from my overcrowded mind to yours... (sounds romantic)

Finding Solace in Choices we can't Choose

The curse of Youngest Daughter